Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crab Lapbook Activity

I must admit I'm not entirely sure why these are called lapbooks, but this was fun to put together.  I also must admit that I feel like I did most of the work for this.  My hope is that the kids will be more involved as we do them more often, but I did do most of the cutting and layout stuff for this.  I got the ideas and printable materials from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/ Its supposed to go along with the Eric Carle book A Home for Hermit Crab but would you believe that our library doesn't have a copy?  I'll have to go over to the other side of town to get a copy as I did see they have one listed in their online catalog.  Anyway, here you go....

On the front will be a picture the little one colored of a crab.  The back has a game that goes along with the book to practice sequencing and also the months of the year.

Big hugaboo can recite his address, the house shaped booklet has our address printed inside so he can see it in written form.  There's also a little fan book with several words that start with the CR- blend.
We talked about different types of arthropods and what types of things define a creature as one.
And made a couple different booklets with various sea life/creatures as well as one for types of shells.
He did handwriting practice on the types of shells book.

1 comment:

  1. I love HSS! Great lapbook. And nicely photographed too.

    ReplyDelete